Extra-Curriculars

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Insurance Capital of the World - I live here!

I have a new friend!

She just moved in next door with her hubs. They moved up here from Philly. They're from Pakistan. He and his friend just graduated with actuarial masters(?) degrees and got jobs at Travelers. Met those dudes yesterday and I whisked wifey up to Shiloh for a chat when I got home today!! :) :) I love her already.

Never knew this would be my life at 25.
Singer-actress/nanny/office-worker-by-default turned Program Manager/Executive Assistant. Living in Hartford. Working at an insurance agency in suburbia. Studying to take the CT licensing exam for Life and Health insurance agents/producers.
Singing and performing for the Lord and His people...and anyone else who happens to ask. Worshiping and walking with an amazing body of mission and community focused believers!  I knew I'd love city life... but I never would have imagined it to take this shape.  

God, you sure do work things out neat.

My Plan for Jennica at 25: 
Live in/near "the city" - NYC or Boston or DC
Be married to a "sugar daddy" (preferably military coughUSMCcough)
Have a Master's in Opera Performance
Actively auditioning/performing/competing/traveling
Being a light to the music/performance world
Attending a great church

Vs.

God's Plan for Jennica at 25:
Live in Hartford, CT
Single - but surrounded by amazing brothers & sisters in Christ - learning a lot about community and real relationships
Studying for a CT Insurance Provider's License
Actively touring/ministering with Lights Up Productions in Lost In Vegas
Singing on the worship team at RHC
Worshiping and serving with and within a great Christian family

Essentially the same yet divinely different.


No comments:

Post a Comment