Extra-Curriculars

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Who....ME?!!" Moments

Setting the scene:
Gone for two days taking classes.
Work/emails piled up w/high-priority projects.
AT&T is on strike. Account manager is unavailable.
COX wants answers...
I don't have them yet.
Boss is busy.

Suddenly, email notification comes:
Subject: hi jennica
Basic Text: the construction crew needs to know if it's a go or not, let me know when you can if I should cancel

Step 1: Panic
Step 2: Seek wisdom/guidance. No answers. 
Step 3: Get a little bit bitter & frustrated ... blow off steam/whine to mom via text message
(Eat a half a scone)
Step 4: Reach out to knowledgeable people - send emails around
Step 5: Oh yeah.. pray.
(And eat the other half of the scone)
Step 6: Think to self, "I'm only 25! I shouldn't be doing this! It's too hard. I'm too young. I don't know what I'm doing."
(Eat some goldfish)
Step 7: Suddenly remember the last time I had a similar thought...
Step 8: Flashback to 2008. Allison's hair was falling out all over the place. Jason was walking around like a deer in headlights. Annabel & Atticus were acting like preschoolers under stress. I was thinking to myself, "I'm only 21! I can't take care of an entire family! I don't know what I'm doing!"
Step 9: Perspective..."But God"
Step 10: Fear is put in its place
(Eat half of a new scone)

Did what needed to be done. Answers came. Sent some respectful but hardball emails.
Made it through the day. 

God. God. God. God. God. God. God.

No comments:

Post a Comment